Community Mental Health Resources

Free & Low Cost Community Mental Health Resources

Students have a variety of on-campus and off-campus mental health resources available to them.  The Counseling Center is available to all currently enrolled students. Listed below are other mental health resources.

Behavioral Health Center of Nueces County
1546 S. Brownlee, 78404
Phone: (361) 886-6970
After hours crisis hotline: (888) 767-4493
Hours:  Monday – Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
BHC is dedicated to helping residents of Nueces County who struggle with severe and persistent mental illness and/or intellectual and developmental disabilities. Intake       appointments are available on a walk-in basis to determine eligibility for services and treatment needs.  Services include crisis treatment, monitoring, screening and assessment, and service planning and coordination.  Community referrals are provided to individuals who do not qualify for services.  

The Counseling & Training Clinic
NRC (Natural Resource Center) Building, 2700 Suite (2nd Floor) TAMUCC Campus
Phone: (361) 825-3988
Hours:  Tues/Wed/Thurs 12pm-8pm
Free for the community & students.  This clinic is only open during the spring, summer and fall semesters and is run by the TAMUCC Counseling Department and staffed by   masters and doctoral level interns.  Individual, couples, and family therapy.   

Family Counseling Service
3833 S. Staples, Suite S203 (South Building)
Phone:  (361) 852-9665
Hours:   8:30am-8:00pm (Mon – Thurs),  8:30am-5:00pm (Fri)
Sliding scale fee, Medicaid and most insurance accepted.   Individual, couples, family therapy.  

For a List of Additional Community Resources, click on the link below:

I-CARE Resources

Community Resources for Texas Residents

The UCC Counselor on Duty may be able to provide a list of resources in your area.  Call (361) 825-2703 for assistance.  
2-1-1 Texas, a program of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, is committed to helping Texas citizens connect with the services that they need.   2-1-1 Texas is a free, anonymous social service hotline.    Call 2-1-1 or (877) 541-7905 and find information about resources in your local community.

Treatment Referrals Outside of Texas

The UCC Counselor on Duty may be able to provide treatment referrals  in your area.  Call (361) 825-2703 for assistance.   SAMHSA Treatment Referral Helpline: (877) 726‑4727  (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm)