Welcome to the University Counseling Center
UCC Services during COVID-19
- The UCC is utilizing a tele-mental health platform that allows us to provide counseling services confidentially and safely. Services are available to currently enrolled students located in Texas via phone or videoconference. Being able to participate in counseling and workshops from the comfort and privacy of your home makes accessing services easy and convenient.
- In order to participate in tele-mental health services, a student must have access to a private location where they will not be disturbed or interrupted. Private rooms in the UCC can be reserved for tele-mental health sessions for those students needing a confidential space. If possible, we ask that students bring their own device (smart phone, tablet, laptop) to use for their tele-mental health session.
- Things to know before your first tele-mental health appointment.
- Office precautions during the pandemic.
- If you are in crisis, or are concerned about a TAMUCC student in crisis, please call us at 361-825-2703. Counselors are available by phone 24 hours a day, every day to speak with you. If you call outside of regular business hours (over the noon hour, after 5pm, weekends or holidays), you will hear a recording instructing you to press “2” to be connected to the after-hours crisis counselor.
- Not in crisis but wanting to talk to a counselor? Virtual Consult Hours with the Counselor on Duty are available Monday-Friday. Call 361-825-2703.
- COVID-19 Self-Care
- TAMU-CC Updates on COVID-19
- Spring Virtual Workshops and Groups
- Let’s Talk is now on-line!
Check back soon for our Spring 2021 featured events.
If you're interested in additional academic resources, please visit our Academic Skills page or our vimeo channel.
TAO Self-Help offers FREE access to interactive digital tools & videos to help you FEEL BETTER and MANAGE STRESS.
Virtual Consult Hours:
9-11:30am & 1-4pm